Sunday, November 16, 2008

Joyce Schasteen


Over the past 2 weeks we have been busy moving in our new house guest. Joyce Schasteen, my only relative in Bakersfield has moved into our house, and we are so glad to have her here! We affectionately call Joyce our aunt, but in reality, her grandfather Thomas Henry Wilson Jr., is is my great great grandfather.


Her dog Bobby is Max's new playmate. They have been pretty much inseparable since his arrival. They love to play tug-o-war in the backyard. I don't think that Max will ever loose, because he has about 60 pounds on Bobby, but don't tell Bobby he can't win!

Jami is substitute teaching in the Bakersfield City and Standard School Districts this year. She is teaching Kindergarten through 6th grade and really enjoys it. She passed the C-Best test this summer after Jessi went away to school. Jami travels to Utah every month in hopes of spending some time with Jess. The money she earns through teaching comes in handy for her travel expenses. We enjoy going to the gym in the early mornings together for a spin cycling class. Jami also enjoys attending a step class while I run the treadmill. On Friday, Jami had the opportunity to attend the Fresno temple with her friend, Crystal and had a great time. On Saturdays we enjoy our weekly 5 mile trek through the foothills with Max.

5 comments:

Mandee said...

Hi Ernie and Jami! Congratulations on the grand baby- he is beautiful and I love his name. It's good to see that you all are doing well!

Thanks for being so good to my Grandma. I know she has a soft spot in her heart for the both of you, which says a lot. She's picky about who she lets in.

love,
Mandee

Mandee said...

p.s. I can't believe how old your kids are! I remember Jessica when she was a baby- and Spencer when he was just a cute little boy. I know I'm not THAT old, but it sure makes me feel that way to see them grown up!

Kayti said...

I love spinning class!! (I hope you don't mind me checking out you blog)

Susan Bell said...

My name is Susan Bell and I have been looking for Joyce for awhile. The Christmas card I sent her kept coming back and her phone is disconnected so I've been terribly worried about her. Luckily my friend Jerry, who Joyce also knows, found your blog and I'm so glad he did. I'm glad to know that Joyce is alright. Would you mind sending me your address via my email account, or giving her mine? My email address is sbell@djplaw.com. I want to keep in touch with her and I have some pictures of my little dog that I want to send her too. Thanks you so much for your help. Please tell Joyce I'm glad I found her and that I love and miss her. She looks so happy in your picture. I'm glad she is with family and is being well taken care of. Thanks for that too. She is an awesome lady!

Susan Bell said...

I almost forgot - could you also please tell Joyce that Jerry and Kip said to tell her hi and that they've been thinking about her too.