Sunday, November 2, 2008

Jami's Trip to Utah for Halloween


Jami made her monthly visit to Utah this week to see Jessica, and to spend some time with the rest of the family.

Jami loves being "Gran", and getting to spend time with Will. She got to baby sit while Aly went on the show KSL Studio 5 to collect the grand prize in the Pier 49 Pizza recipe contest for her Teriyaki Chicken Pizza! Be sure to check out studio5.ksl.com or Spencer and Aly's blog to find her recipe. Way to go Aly!!!

Jessica is doing very well at school, and was allowed to spend some time off campus with Spencer, Aly, and Will!

One of Jessica's highlights for the week was when her "Papa" came to visit her at her school and take a tour and then go out to dinner at Chuck-a-Rama in Provo.

Halloween marked the one year anniversary of when Jami's mother embarked on her mission in heaven. Some of the family members were able to go to the cemetery to pay tribute to her with flowers and black and orange balloons. Mom loved to celebrate the holidays, Halloween being one of her favorites. Afterwards, Jami went to the Jordan River Temple with her Dad, 4 of her sisters, and brother-in-law. It was a wonderful experience for them and a great way to remember Mom! That evening was spent at Dad's favorite restaurant...Chuck A Rama! We miss you Mom!

3 comments:

Rinez said...

Jessica looks good! What a blessing for her as she makes her way.

Unknown said...

It is wonderful to see that the family is able to be together in sooo many remarkable ways. Each of you look wonderful and happy. God bless!

teachergirl said...

You're probably not going to remember me at all, but I used to live in Bakersfield about a million years ago, and Sister Larsen was my YW leader. Could you tell her hi for me? I'm Carrie Bolte--I live in FL, I'm about finished with my PhD in English, and I still have such wonderful memories of her. I really think leaders like her kept me where i needed to be when I needed to be there, so that I could be all that I am now. I am ASTONISHED to see Spencer old enough to be married and a dad (because I am SO not that old!), but I'm so excited to see that your family is doing well.

Take care! And hugs for Sister Larsen!