Monday, October 27, 2008

Stake Picnic

We had a great activity on Saturday night. The stake had a picnic and along with many fun activities for the kids, two softball games. The first game featured the bishops of the stake along with the stake presidency against the high counsel. In the second game, the Relief Society sisters from Tehachapi played against the Relief Society sisters from Bakersfield.


Jami played left field, and nothing got by her on the night!


I pitched, and had a great time trying to get the High Counsel to swing at really bad pitches!


The Bakersfield Relief Society Sisters played a great game, and beat the Techacapi Sisters in their two inning game.


The Stake Presidency and the Bishops defeated the High Counsel in our game, but it was easy to tell that the years are catching up to all of us. My embarassing moment came when the third base coach sent me on a close play at home, and I accidentally had a collision with the catcher(Ed Weaver) at home plate. I tried to miss him, but I couldn't do it. I was out!


Jami got a hit on her only at bat, and came around to score. It was really a great evening!

1 comment:

Rinez said...

It was a great evening. I wish I could have watched the games, but I was up to my elbows in pie! Fun for all!